Monday, April 4, 2011

The "Versus" Pizza (Monday, April 4, 2011)

Made some pesto, had some dough on hand and decided to use my leftover veggies to make another pizza.  On one side is Pesto with Peppers.  On the other is Marinara with Eggplant.  I also threw a few anchovies on a few slices worth.  These are not your supermarket variety however.  I bought them at an international market and they're much less salty and marinated in olive oil, garlic and parsley.  I know, "ew, anchovies!"  Shut yo' mouf!  They're good.  Other changes I made was to roll the edges for a thicker, softer crust, put the toppings over the cheese and only baked for 8 minutes at 500.  The crust is much better this time, but the pizza is also a little floppy. Now it's time to watch some basketball.  Go Butler!

No comments:

Post a Comment