Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pork Loin, Twice Baked Blue Cheese Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts (Tuesday, February 8, 2011)

Tuesday night dinner at home came together easily with a pork loin marinated in red wine, garlic, paprika, cumin and olive oil.  The loin was pan roasted.  First it was seared on all sides in a pan on medium high heat and then roasted at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  
I had some potato innards leftover from making potato skins for the Super Bowl so I reheated them and whipped them with blue cheese, Gruyère, Parmesan,  milk and sour cream.  This then went into some empty potato skins that I saved specifically for this purpose.  I kept the largest ones in hiding.  They baked along with the pork loin at 400 for about 30 minutes.
For the Brussels sprouts I trimmed and halved them and tossed them in chopped garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, pepper and lots of salt.  These cooked in a pan with a pad of butter over medium heat for about 10 minutes. The blue cheese potatoes were the best followed closely by the sprouts and the pork was too dry and could have used a sauce.  Though I am ready to eat it again for lunch tomorrow at work.  This was my first time cooking and, as far as I can remember, eating Brussels sprouts It won't be the last.

1 comment:

  1. glad to hear the love for brussel sprouts. less glad to hear you were holding out on us re: potato skins. what else are you hiding?!

    ReplyDelete