Friday, February 18, 2011

Rosemary Lemon Roasted Chicken and Yukon Potatoes (Monday, February 14, 2011)

One of my favorite things to make is a roasted chicken.  It's so easy and almost impossible to screw up.  I bought two chickens at the market for the low low price of $7.  One I cleaned and used in my ravioli from a few weeks ago, the other I froze for future roasting.  I also picked up some small Yukon Gold potatoes and some Brussels Sprouts recently.  I also love roasted potatoes.  Coat them in your favorite flavors and throw them in the oven for awhile and boom! For this roasting experience I chopped some garlic and rosemary and mixed it with some olive oil, salt, pepper and the juice of one lemon.  I tossed whole potatoes (they're small, 2 or 3 bites each) into this and then coated my bird with it.  I stuffed some whole crushed garlic cloves and the lemon halves into the bird, salted it a bit more and put it into a 350 degree oven until golden brown (about 70 minutes in this case).  I cooked the potatoes in the same roasting pan and later sauteed my sprouts in butter after marinating them in balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.  This is a super simple and affordable dinner and is also great leftover.  I know its a little crazy when you can buy an already roasted chicken for 8 bucks at any grocery store but this can be cheaper if you find a good deal. Plus, you can flavor it however you want.  There's nothing like the scent of roasted chicken permeating the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment