Friday, May 13, 2011

Herbs in my Garden (Friday, May 13, 2011)

This is my first year gardening and I've gone all out.  I'll continue to post throughout the year but today I just wanted to brag and give a list of all the herbs I have growing.  I have a 5'x20' plot at Bell Community Garden and about 15 square feet is devoted to herbs including in no particular order:
Texas Tarragon
Sweet Marjoram
Some Basil beginning to flower.  This is either the Spicy
Globe Basil or Lemon Basil.  If only the picture were
Scratch-n-Sniff I could be sure.
Smoky Bronze Fennel
Lemon Basil
Thai Basil
Boxwood Basil
Spicy Globe Basil
Magical Michael Basil
Genovese Basil
Pineapple Sage
Winter Savory
Roman Chamomile
Red-Veined Sorrel
East Indian Lemongrass
Vietnamese Coriander
Cilantro
Curly Parsley
Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
Thyme (2 varieties)
Oregano
Fernleaf Dill
Rosemary
Caraway
Radicchio
Spearmint
Peppermint

Some of the herbs are starting to flower already.  Love them herbs!  I will feature them in many upcoming posts.  In fact, I've already made a few meals with some of the thyme and marjoram.  If only it were right outside my kitchen window.  On that note, if only I had a kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment