Monday, May 30, 2011

Pappardelle with Mushroom, Radish, Garlic and Lemon Cream Sauce (Monday, May 30, 2011)

I have about 2 dozen eggs in my fridge.  Erin left a dozen with me when she left town and I already had a dozen in the fridge.  I decided to make another batch of ice cream (requires 8 eggs) and some fresh pasta (requires 5 eggs).  I had some leftover heavy cream from making the ice cream.  I also had a handful of crimini mushrooms and some radishes picked from the garden this morning.  I made my pasta (5 eggs and 3.5 cups flour) and cut it into thick noodles (aka pappardelle).  While my water came to a boil I sauteed garlic in butter and olive oil along with my mushrooms.  After the mushrooms were tender I added my sliced radish to cook them lightly, preserving the crunch and flavor.  I then added about 1/2 cup of heavy cream, a squeeze of lemon, the cooked pasta and some grated Asiago Pepato (this is an asiago with whole peppercorns blended in, also donated from Erin's fridge).  I plated up and topped with more cheese.  A simple nap inducing lunch perfectly fit for a lazy Monday.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment